20 Minute Sticky Sweet Chilli Chicken
Just because you don't have a lot of time, doesn't mean you can't have an amazing meal! This sweet chilli chicken recipe can be made in under 20 minutes. Perfect for a work day lunch! Eaten with rice, this chicken is crispy and the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
- wok pan
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into small cubes.
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar if you don't have this, you can use apple cider vinegar or even distilled vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chilli bean paste
- 1 spring onion/scallion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tsp sesame seeds optional
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil for your wok/sauce pan this can differ on the size of your pan
- 2 red chillis optional
- In a bowl, add your soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, honey, brown sugar, vinegar and chilli bean past. Combine together and leave to the side.
- Heat up some oil in your wok, on medium heat. You can use a sauce pan but a wok is best!
- Mix your cubed chicken with the cornstarch and flour, making sure that each piece is thoroughly coated and not sticking to the other pieces.
- Check the heat of your oil by throwing in a few grains of flour. If they start sizzling immediately, the oil is hot enough. Add your chicken to the pan.
- Stir chicken in the pan gently, so that you don't accidentally remove the coating. It should take about 8-10 minutes for the chicken to be thoroughly cooked.
- when the chicken are done, remove the pieces from the pan onto a plate.
- In the same pan, add some garlic and red chillis (optional). When they become golden, add your previously made sauce. Cook the sauce on medium-low heat for about 1 minute. The sauce should get a little thicker and look quite glossy, coating the back of a spoon.
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan, and thoroughly combine with the sauce.
- Garnish with the spring onions and sesame seeds. You are done! Enjoy with rice.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE AND MY BLOG, PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON MY INSTAGRAM FOR MORE!
If you make any of my recipes, please tag me at @girlwiththematcha and use the hashtag #matcha_girl, i’m always so happy to see your creations!
Subscribe to our newsletter!